Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sphere by Michael Crichton

I just finished reading this one last weekend, I read it 5-6 years ago when I was a huge bookworm before school, computers, music, and athletics dominated my daily agenda. I had forgotten most of it and enjoyed reading it again while trying to return to my bookwormish roots.

Sphere is a suspense filled story about a strange space craft being found on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. The U.S. Navy sends down a civilian panel of experts to investigate the craft and search for signs of the craft's origins and a possible link to extraterrestrials. On board the ship, the group finds a strange sphere that is most certainly alien. The investigation leads to strange phenomenon happening at the bottom of the ocean and the team must figure out what is happening before they are possibly destroyed. I'd recommend this book to any suspense, sci-fi, or tech junkie.

Michael Crichton is one of my favorite authors, and it's terrible that he has already passed. I wish he could have written for many more years, because every book of his that I read I struggle to put down without completing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment